CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is another one of my really old recipes.  Also from the Pillsbury Cookbook I received as a wedding present, and then lost on one of our many moves.  I'm including two versions of it, one plain chocolate chip and one chocolate chocolate chip.  That's right, double chocolate, baby!  I've tried others over the years, but always come back to this one.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cream together 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, and 1 cup of butter.  (That's right, a whole cup.  I kind of feel like Paula Deen or Ree Drummond with this recipe.  Who uses a whole cup of butter?  It's just plain decadent.  Nevertheless, a cup of butter is called for.)  Once the butter/sugar is creamed, add one egg and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and mix well.  Add in 1 3/4 cup flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.  Mix well.  Then stir in 1 cup of good chocolate chips, and some nuts if you're so inclined.  Drop by tablespoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.  You know your oven best, so pick the time that will work for you.  According to the recipe this should make 2 1/2 dozen cookies.  I've never made 2 1/2 dozen cookies because I live in a house with barbarian hordes that sneak in behind me and steal spoonfuls of dough when I'm distracted.  And I'm talking about the husband, not just the children.

Now for the chocolate chocolate variation.  Cut the vanilla to 1 teaspoon, and add 1/4 cup of cocoa with the sugar and butter mixture.  If you feel really fancy, add white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts, it's to die for. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment