CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tips - No Wipe Window Cleaner (Outdoor Use)

The windows in our house usually need to be cleaned on the outside in the spring and fall.  We have a big willow tree right outside our front door, and it gets very dusty.  Then it rains, and all that dirty dust gets blown onto our windows!  Yuck!  I found this recipe for window cleaner in the Halifax 1st Ward 2008 cookbook. 

2-3 tablespoons laundry or dish detergent
1 tablespoon dishwasher wetting agent (e.g., Jet Dry)
1 gallon warm water

Brush or sponge on window, immediately hose off.  Water will sheet off, no drying necessary.

I have used this, and it works!  I use a squeegee with a sponge on one side, with an extension arm. 

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try this method out! I have always hated the streaks on my windows when I clean. Getting rid of those will be a dream! http://www.grovercleaning.com/Services.html

    ReplyDelete