CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

More cleaning with vinegar

Most people think of vinegar as an ingredient in the kitchen, for baking, cooking, canning or making a great salad dressing.  When I think vinegar, I think cleaning!  I've already shared my tip for cleaning a microwave oven.  It got me to thinking about all the other things I use vinegar for. 

1.  I mix 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water in a spray bottle.  I use this as a glass cleaner, and also as a disinfectant in the bathroom and kitchen.  That's right, vinegar has disinfectant properties.  Google it. 

2.  Using vinegar as a cleaner has a second purpose, vinegar is a great deodorizer.  Nasty smells will disappear when you use this as a cleaning agent.

3.  I put vinegar in my dishwater or rinsewater when I do the dishes by hand, it makes silverware and glasses sparkle.

4.  You can clean your kettle or iron or other appliances (washer or dishwasher) with vinegar, it gets the scaly build up off your kettle.  Just splash a generous amount of vinegar in the appliance, and run it through a regular cycle.

5.  Pour a quarter cup of baking soda down your kitchen sink drain, pour a couple of glugs of vinegar down behind it, slap on the sink plug and heat up your kettle.  Once the kettle is boiling, pull off the plug, the bubbling will have subsided by this time.  Pour the full kettle of boiling water down the sink, this will help your drains stay sweet.

6.  When a recipe calls for buttermilk, I add a splash of vinegar in the measuring cup before I pour in regular milk, this sours the milk. 

7.  If your hair is looking a little dull with product buildup, rinse it with vinegar in the shower.  It's amazing how your hair and sinuses will clear up.

There are lots of other uses for vinegar, I just listed the ones I use on a regular basis.  I was amazed to see some of the creative ideas  for using vinegar on the web!

No comments:

Post a Comment