CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Dryer

Many years ago we lived in a little house in Herring Cove, Nova Scotia. We only had two children at the time, Jason and Justin. I think I was expecting Sarah at the time, because Jason wasn't quite five at the time, and Justin was two. Those boys kept me on my toes, I can tell you!

One day I was busy putting laundry away and I was lost in thought. This is not a good frame of mind to be in when you are in charge of little boys! One must be on orange alert at all times. To quote Mad-Eye Moody - "Constant Vigilance!".

Well, there I was in la la land when Jason came running down the hall crying "I killed him, I killed him!". He seemed pretty sincere. Then I heard a series of loud, steady thuds coming from the corner of our kitchen where the washer and dryer were kept. I moved pretty fast for a pregnant lady. Pulling open the dryer door, I found Justin upside down in the dryer, his little legs and arms braced against the walls of the drum. I pulled the little darling out of the dryer, hugged him, kissed him, cried a little, hollered a lot, and was much more alert for the next little while.

Lessons learned - if your children are quiet they are getting in trouble.

Moral of story - Constant Vigilance!

No comments:

Post a Comment