CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Maybe Spring will come


Can you guess what this is?  Pretty weird looking, huh?  If you guessed rhubarb, you get a gold star!  Hurray for you!  While I was poking around in the rhubarb patch, I uncovered some lady bugs as well.  So it's confirmed - the event known as Spring will take place.  Thank goodness!  (There are still lots of patches of snow in the yard, though.)


A small clump of crocuses have decided to grace us with their presence as well.  This plant helps me to believe in miracles.  Below zero at night, and yet the crocuses are here - miraculous! 

While I was waiting for my children during their piano lessons, I picked up a Stokes seed catalogue their teacher, Colleen, had in her magazine rack.  I had my trusty beat up old hilroy notebook with me, so I wrote up a seed wish list for spring.  That catalogue just makes you want to grow everything!  Do you remember the magic of the Sears Catalogue at Christmas when you were a little kid?   (I know I'm dating myself here.)  I get the same feeling from a seed catalogue now. 

Here's my wish list:

yellow bush beans
green bush beans
scarlet runner pole beans
kentucky wonder pole beans
nantes half long coreless carrots
buttercrunch lettuce
romaine lettuce
swiss chard
green bunching onions
spinach
potatoes
sugar snap peas
zucchini (I know I'll regret it)
radishes
beets
strawberries
radicchio
peppers
cucumbers
tomatoes - 6-8 plants, different varieties 
sunflowers
nasturtiums
marigolds

I already have about 10 packets of seeds, now I need to get the rest!  For those of you already gardening, happy planting and good wishes for an abundant harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment