CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thoughts on the Garden at Thanksgiving



As Canadian Thanksgiving is this coming weekend, I have been thinking (and thanking) about my dear little garden and all the pleasure it gave me this year.  Right from the first sight of crocuses and rhubarb pushing their way up through the snow, to the petunias, sunflowers and tomatoes (yes, tomatoes!) still clinging to life this fall.  Some things went along wonderfully, like the rhubarb, raspberries, apples, potatoes and tomatoes.  Some of my flowers were just divine, like the roses and sunflowers.  Other things didn't go quite as planned, like my dismal carrots, the sweet peas that never really managed to do anything, and the beets that just languished.  Every day was an adventure, as I weeded and planned, pruned and picked in my little Eden.  I'm so thankful for the good earth and all that grows in it.  Every seed contains a miracle that will always amaze me.  We will give thanks this Monday for all our many blessings, with hearts full of gratitude.

graphics courtesy of graphicsfairy.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment