CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pride O' Scotland Shortbread Wedges


My mother has been making these delicious treats as far back as I can remember.  I usually save these for the holiday season.  There was a Recipe Exchange being hosted at our church this evening, but because of a school concert conflict, I won't be there.  So I thought I'd share the recipe I would have brought anyway!

Pride O' Scotland Shortbread Wedges

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.  In a large bowl, put 1 1/4 cups flour, 3/4 cup white sugar aind 1/4 teaspoon salt.  Mix well.  Add 1 cup softened butter, 1 egg yolk and 1 teaspoon vanilla.  Mix well with hands, until dough is smooth.  Divide into two equal balls.  With floured hands, using palm of hand, press each ball into a pie plate.  Use tines of fork to crimp around edges, and prick entire surface with fork as well.  Bake for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees Farenheit, or until light golden brown around edges.  Sprinkle with powdered icing sugar and let cool.  When cool, cut into wedges.

These are one of my most favorite treats, I hope you enjoy them!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I'll try to make them. A challenge for me 'cause I don't bake much. Wish me luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll wait and see if my visiting teacher brings me one to taste . . . ummm . . .

    ReplyDelete