CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Peek-a-boo Cherry Cake #1



My friend Colleen makes this amazing cherry sheetcake that my children absolutely love!  When I was digging through my recipe box the other day, I found this recipe for Peek-a-boo Cherry Cake that reminded me of Colleen's cake, so I decided to give it a try.  (Do you have recipes like this, that you copied down twenty years ago and are just now trying out?  Please say you're more up to date than I am!)  While I was rifling through some very old recipe magazines at work I found another cherry cake that has the same effect, which I will post after I have tested it, and will let you know which one I like best.  Then, maybe Colleen will share her original recipe with me and it'll just be a cherry cake-a-polooza!

This is a very pretty cake, and perfect for the holiday season.

I don't know who gave me this recipe, so no credit can be given.  Thank you, whoever you are!

Peek-a-boo Cherry Cake

350 degrees Farenheit
45 minutes
12 servings

1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup milk
1 can cherry fruit filling
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup slivered almonds

Combine all ingredients (except cherry filling, 2 T. sugar and 1/4 c. almonds) in large bowl.  Blend, then beat for three minutes at medium speed.  Spread 3/4 of dough evenly in greased 9x13 pan.  Spoon fruit filling on top and spread gently to cover surface.  Drop remaining dough by small spoonfuls over cherry layer.  Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar and almonds over top.  Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes or until golden brown.  Let cool, and cut into squares.  Yum!

graphics courtesy of graphicsfairy.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment